street innovations crew

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car club

3 posters

A long trip

1sickat
    1sickat

Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 244

A long trip Empty A long trip

Post  1sickat Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:35 pm

It all started with taking a trip. Its a 5 hour ride to the oc car and truck show in ocean city maryland. Everything was going ok till all the electronics decided to make a funny sound and stop working. When this happen the car was still running so i drove a little further. then the car turned off so i pulled over and shut the car off. When i started the car back up everything was fine so i just said well it is a ford. a mile down the road it did it again except this time the car turned off. So i had to cal aaa. they came and charged the battery and said that it might be my altenator. So we started driving again but only made it a mile further. Good thing i was ahead of the aaa guy cuz he pulled over and charged it again and said the was a rest stop ahead. after an hour of charging on the side of the road we started driving again this time praying we make it to the rest stop. once at the rest stop they charge my battery and say that the altentor needs to be replace and the closest place is about 35 mins away. So after what seemed liked days the car was done charging and we were on our way. However while driving the electronics went dead again...so the praying started again and we did finally make it to the shop that had an altenator however they could not put it in i had to go to another place that would install it. well needless to say on a hope and a pray we started to the second place. However i didnt listen to the directions and ended up on the wrong side of the street. so i had to push the car to the other side of the street. then they said it was going to be a while before they could install it. so 4 hours later they finally started and it took 90 more mins but it was finaly done. so i finally started back on my journey to ocean city maryland. I finally made it but a simple 5 hour drive turned into a 13 hour ordeal. and to end the story when i pulled into the parking lot of the hotel i backed into a giant pile of rock. so then I did what anybody would do after a day like that i decided to have a couple of drinks which lead to a couple more.
    sicaccord
    sicaccord

Number of posts : 90

A long trip Empty Re: A long trip

Post  sicaccord Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:48 pm

What in all hell! I knew this story already but why the hell did it take the shop an hour and a half to replace the altenator. I did this job the other day and seriously it took me 15 min. And the only reason it took me that long was because one of the baolts wanted to be an asshole. I can understand some time but DAMN.
    1sickat
    1sickat

Post  1sickat Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 pm

it took so long because my car has a craddle engine and to do the job you have to drop my entire engine but this guy just took of the tire and shock from one side and did it that way
    sicaccord
    sicaccord

Post  sicaccord Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:49 pm

sounds like he took his sweet ass time though......at least it got done.......20 million hours later.
    siccivic
    siccivic

Number of posts : 34

Post  siccivic Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:44 pm

Boy do I know this story very clearly. It sucks even more when your driving by yourself without and your radio doesn't work. I will have to say that is the last time I drive to OC by myself.
    1sickat
    1sickat

Post  1sickat Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:33 pm

o is wasnt that bad
    sicaccord
    sicaccord

Post  sicaccord Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:06 pm

Next time ill drive next to you with the window down. we just have to yell really loud........WE SHOULD ALL GET CB RADIOS!!!!!
    siccivic
    siccivic

Number of posts : 34

Post  siccivic Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:31 pm

I need an actual passenger in the car with me.
    1sickat
    1sickat

Post  1sickat Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:18 pm

the cb are nice but they get old quick but those little walkie talkies work great to and they cost a whole lot less
    sicaccord
    sicaccord

Post  sicaccord Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:10 pm

well we have to get enough for all of us.....but with CB's we dont have to worry about distance as much
    1sickat
    1sickat

Post  1sickat Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:18 am

have you ever tried to install a cb in a car its a pain in the butt

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm